All things hair and beauty related interest me

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Dappled Sunshine Amongst The Bluebells

Almost two years ago I met a wonderful woman
on twitter by the name of Susan Bland
through our mutual love for Doctor Who.

Box of Delights
Susan Bland - Etsy's Profile


A Coil of Bluebells




Then she went on her own journey and decided to create jewellery and what a journey it has been - I have seen her incredible adventure from almost day one.

Bluebells Draped Around
Box of Wonder
Dappled Bluebell
Box of Silver


Sunshine On A String
 A few weeks ago she showed a pair of earrings on facebook.  Mum and I loved them at once and ordered some - I chose darker blue and my mother chose yellow.
Noir Box

Sunshine Daisies


The fast service and her dedication is a wonder to behold.  You can see how finely packaged these exquisite pieces of accessories came in with this box containing my own darling strings of bluebells almost awaiting to be chimed for spring.


Each flower is lovingly strung with iridescent and opaque beads adorning them to make them breathtaking when seen against a black background.

You only have to look at how they sit on this cushion to know how gorgeous they are.  I was asked for how many flowers and, as odd numbers are more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, both my mother thought 5 would have the Goldilocks factor - IE - Just right!

My mothers arrived in a glittering silver topped box with a centre black bow adding that extra elegance that is reflective of my mother's style.  On opening the lid my eyes rested on the loveliest shades of yellow and green that were ever combined.  The black background made the beads stand out divinely.

Five yellow bell like flowers hung sweetly around the centre of the necklace.


Of course I got the camera out when I opened the brown parcel handed to me by Mr Postman.

I remembered my mother had left the earrings in their box on my dad's desk - (something that he got a little grouchy about.)

It was the earrings that prompted the request for the necklace as they were, in themselves, a work of art.

Before people wonder about prices she is absolutely affordable and the quality is worth double the prices she sells things for.

I have the link to her etsy shop up above and yoou can see for yourself how wonderful she is.

She is a woman who has been through so much in her life - yet will give up hours of her time to spend it reading my fanfiction and reviewing them all - so how could I not return the favour?

Believe me these photo's do not do them justice as the luminesence is somewhat lost with my camera as it is only a cheap one - so you will just have to trust me when I say how wonderful her jewellery is.

These earrings have the fey quality that makes you think a fairy crafted them and sent them out of the ethereal planes zipping along the clouds and landed on my doorstep due to a wish ...

Of course they didn't - fairies are too busy to do that.  But see how adorable they are nestled in their box - looking like they have woken up knowing they are to be worn tomorrow.

After all the separate pictures I took I decided to take them as a set - now all I need is a bracelet but I shall let her busy fingers rest for awhile and craft from her own pure imagination.

I love how my mothers glints and shines and how mine reminds me of the FOREST OF DEAN in spring when the bluebells carpet the cool. dappled shades of the woods and walkways.

Thank you Susan Bland for making us these delightful little adornments that I am sure we will cherish forever.

Susan Bland - Etsy's Profile - here is the link again for all of you.

Quality: 100%
Colours - 100%
Service - 100%
Sunshine Dappled With Bluebell.




Friendship bracelets were a fad when I was a youth ...







Now it seems to have extended to an entire set!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your over kind words. I do what I can when I can. I am just glad that you and your mum like them. I will have a look at doing a bracelet after the craft fair xx

    ReplyDelete