All things hair and beauty related interest me

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Rosy Skin - No Warts

Before
So - Roseacea is a problem I have been dealing with for well over ten years now - I definitely would not have fitted the description of The Banks' children ideal nanny as rosy cheeks are one thing - but a constant red angry blotch on both cheeks is quite another!
When ever I have a bath or wash (showers happen very rarely!) I have two seperate routines - in the bath I exfoliate - currently with Good Things blackhead exfoliater and a five minute facial mask that may no longer be affordable - we'll see though ... 

Second Step
After a face wash with Simple soap in very warm water I use these products to smooth out my face starting with Nivea Creme, Rosex Metronidazole gel prescribed by the GP.  Finishing with Boots No7 Day cream to smooth things out and help give my face that extra moisture.  The face wipes helps me get the foundation off at night.
Now onto the covering of the redness - an arduous task meaning I have to look at myself in the mirror for half an hour...

Third Step
First of all I gather all of my foundations and powders and my one use brush - because of you tube I found a newer way to put it on so as to make sure the rouge colour disappears - stippling the brush on your cheeks concentrating on the problem area - as you can see up above mine is on the apple of my cheeks.  Second I pump the Max Factor 72 onto my hand then stipple on the back of my hand and start on my problem area - when I have sufficiently covered it I then lighten the tone with the No7 foundation - I am not stating shades we are all different.

Max Factor is fast becoming my favourite brand for foundations - underneath the Stay Perfect foundation is a loose powder I use to help blend the creams in. Both No7 and Max Factor have good consistency but I would say Max Factor is thicker and creamier than the Boots home brand.

Finished Look
Top is from Next
Et voila - the finished effect - after I gently stippled, softly swiped and made sure the face was flawless as I could get it; I finished off  my make up. With some new brushes I brought on Tuesday first I put an old Revlon white colour as a base followed by three shades of purple eyeshadow going from light to dark finishing off with a dark green No7 shade at the outer corner of the eyes to give them some depth, then another old glittery shimmery silver shade to give the lid that extra sparkle.  Using a Barry M pencil and MUA liquid eyeliner to get the flick just right - which I did not quite manage on my right eye - I actually got that intensity I have been longing for with a brow definition as a new trick.  Adding that wow factor with an eyelash curler and Rimmel duo ancient mascara with brand new No7 black.  Giving my lips a pale look with pink lip gloss - a light purple shade both Avon - and a nice red shade of No7 lip liner.

So, I may not do this every day as I have other conditions that sometimes makes it impossible for me to be all made up but I hope you enjoyed reading this - and if you want more detailed skills and pictures please ask.










No comments:

Post a Comment